Thursday, April 27, 2006

Competition - Part II

In the previous post on the blog I wrote about the new competition. It turns out that the organisation behind the competion has competition and when you are that competion, you compete. What I fail to see is the relevance of the latest entry. In contrast to both ProZ and the logosdictionary from Logos, its aims only to be there for translators. Where they ask people to collaborate the registration makes it plain that you have to be a translator to qualify.

I wish them well, I hope they do it for there own good reasons. Collaborate ? Maybe, when they show added value by providing a public service. At this time it seems like a "me to" thing.

Thanks,
GerardM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think about all of the "internet troll" attacks that have been happening lately? Nearly every time I sign into Wiktionary Z, there is a new troll project underway.

5:23 pm  
Blogger GerardM said...

Trolls are basically basket cases, the best you can do is pity them. They are also a nuisance and we have created quite a number of sysops so that we are able to nip this !@#$'s actions in the bud.

Thanks,
GerardM

5:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the troll king from under the mountain... tralalala.

7:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home